WHSD Technology FAQ Page
How do I clean my classroom laptops?
Any non-alcohol and non-ammonia based wipes will work for the Laptop Screen. We suggest Zeiss lens cleaning wipes, the Office should have some on hand. To clean the keyboard and body of the laptop we suggest using rubbing alcohol wipes to disinfect and remove grime. These should also be available in the office.
NOTE: DO NOT USE ALCOHOL WIPES ON THE SCREEN. It will cause the screen to deteriorate over time ruining it. Do not use Clorox Wipes on the laptop either as this will slowly build up a sticky gummy layer ruining the keyboard.
My printer has stopped printing/will print only after a LONG time.
Please follow these steps to completely reset your printer.
- Turn off your printer
- Unplug your printers power cable
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds, 3 times
- Restart your computer
- Plug in your printers power cable
- Turn on your Printer
- Try printing
My computer will not turn on.
This could be caused by any number of problems.
The quickest things to check are:
- Is your computer plugged in.
- Are the power cables connected all they way? (They might look like there in but have wiggled loose.)
- If your compute is plugged into a power strip, is the power strip plugged in and switch ON?
- If your using a laptop is your battery charged? (Try plugging it in using your wall charger.)
A student has pulled off a key on the laptop!
If the key has pulled off cleanly and all the little plastic bits still look like they are on the keyboard, simply set the key back on the keyboard and with little pressure press on the key, it should snap back in easily. If it doesn't please do not force it as this will break the little plastic connectors. Please submit a Tech Ticket if you are unable to re-attach the key.
My laptop isn't connecting to the internet.
Normally this happens when the wireless on the laptop gets disabled. Most computers will have a function key that enables and disables the wireless on a computer. Try and locate the wireless symbol on the laptop and press it, if nothing shows up try holding the "FN" key and pressing again. This will open a window letting you enable the wireless.
Another cause is the laptop "forgot" the network. In the lower right hand corner of your screen, click on the wireless network icon and select your WHSD-Wireless (For everyone) or WHSD-Labs (For Student Laptops only). Please Email Tech support or ask another staff member for the password if you do not know it.
The sound on my laptop isn't working/doesn't work with headphones.
There are several possible causes for this.
The most common is the volume is turned down or muted.
Windows has multiple places where the volume can be changed.
- In the lower right hand corner of the screen click on the volume icon and make sure the slider is turned up and not on mute.
- Inside your game/video make sure the volume slider is turned up and not on mute.
- If you have speakers plugged in, make sure the dial is turned up and ON.
- If you have headphones, some models have a mute button on the cable or headphones themselves.